Emergency Incidents (Police, Fire, Ambulance)

Call 999 if you or someone else is in immediate danger, or if the crime is happening right now.

Police Non-Emergency Number 101 Call for all non-emergency policing matters.

Anti-Social Behaviour

Click Here
Anti-social behaviour is any aggressive, intimidating or destructive activity that damages or destroys another person's quality of life.

Anti-Social Driving

Anti-social driving can range from careless driver behaviour to deliberate activity.
Please note, allegations of bad driving must be corroborated by an independent witness or other supporting evidence such as DASH CAM footage in order for the police to take action.
See this website re uploading your dash cam footage for the police.

Crime Stoppers

Fight crime without revealing your identity. The police say they will never ask for your identity or trace your call if you dial 0800 555 111.


Surrey Fire and Rescue Service 08456 009009 Click Here
Surrey residents can arrange a free Safe and Well Visit by completing the online form or calling the request line on freephone 0800 085 0767.


Hoe Stream at Mayford Bridge see the levels

Flood information service

Click here

Food Standards Agency

Woking Borough Council (Enviromental Health Team) Tel:01483 743840 Check Food Ratings by clicking here


Call 111 if:
- you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency
- you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
- you don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call
- you need health information or reassurance about what to do next


Woking Borough Council Homelessness Service (Out of hours) 0203 701 3590

Litter and Fly tipping

A person suspected of fly-tipping may be prosecuted under the Environmental Protection Act 1990. If found guilty (upon summary conviction) they could receive a fine of up to £50,000 and/ or a prison sentence of up to twelve months.

Woking Borough Council (01483 755855) state they aim to investigate every fly tip found on public land and will prosecute any person suspected of fly tipping. Fly tips on public land are removed by Serco(Woking), on behalf of Woking Borough Council or if causing a danger on the public highway, it is the responsibility of Surrey County Council.

Planning applications

For queries re planning applications phone: 01483 743417 or email


Report Highways Issues (Potholes etc) Report pothole and road repair to Surrey County Council Click Here


(Guildford) local call charges apply 01483 505555
National telephone: 116 123 (this number is free to call)

Social Media Offences

Unpleasant comments about people on social media sites are not dealt with by the police unless there is a criminal offence involved.
A criminal offence might include threats to kill, threats to cause damage, criminal conduct amounting to harassment and comments that incite racial hatred, violence or rioting. If this is the case call Surrey Police on 101.
For general unpleasant or inappropriate posts, in the first instance, you should contact the social media site on which the comments have been made and ask for their assistance. If you think you are a victim of libel to the extent you wish to take action then you should consult with a solicitor

Trading Standards

‎Surrey Trading Standards Service, Consort House, Queensway, Redhill RH1 1YB, Tel: 01372 371700
Twitter: @Bucks_SurreyTS
Consider also the Citizens Advice Consumer Help line on 08454 04 05 06. For example if you are under pressure, or feeling threatened by an uninvited workman or salesperson, call this number to talk through your problem.

Tree preservation orders

Phone: 01483 743419 or email

Waste and Recycling

Click on a link below
- Report a missed collection
- Various requests - new bin, bulky waste etc, etc
- Report a missed collection
- Report a street cleaning problem
- Subscribe to garden waste collection service
- Check my collection day (currently website down)

Woking Neighbourhood Watch

Click Here
The Woking Association of Neighbourhood Watches provides a coordinated network of volunteer community-spirited residents who are dedicated to the prevention of crime within the Borough of Woking.
Neighbourhood Watch members are part of the UK’s largest grassroots movement, and together we make communities safer and friendlier right across England and Wales. With your help we can do even more and we’re aiming to make our movement even bigger, safer and friendlier. We are part of the active Surrey Neighbour Watch organisation.
We help residents to set up Watches in their roads; maintain a register of coordinators in Woking; be a conduit for Surrey and UK NhW information; regularly publish newsletters for Watch coordinators; hold brochures and collateral and be the interface to Woking and Surrey Police (including the PCC) for neighbourhood Policing activities

- - - - - - - - -

Report incidents involving dogs

If you or someone else you know has been bitten by a dog or if you wish to report a dangerous dog contact Surrey Police, call 101, or 999 if it is an emergency.
Dog attacks on other animals are generally civil matters and are not dealt with by the police.
For issues such as lost dogs, dog fouling, noisy dogs, reporting stray dogs, use of leads, breeding licenses and information on micro-chipping, you should contact Woking Borough Council. 01483 755855

Report Lost and Found Property

If you have found someone’s property you should contact your local police station, call 101, or report online.
You are not permitted to hold onto the property if there is reasonable belief that it is subject of crime or contains personal data (such as cameras, mobile phones, laptops). You would also not be able to keep any financial cards, any item that has a recordable medium, or any firearms, weapons or other dangerous items. These must be handed into a police station.

Report Neighbour Disputes

For boundary disputes contact the Land Registry. Click Here
If you haven’t sent a signed agreement from your neighbours with your application, Land Registry will contact them to check they’re happy with your plan.
Land Registry will refer the dispute to the First-Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber - Land Registration) if you and your neighbour can’t agree on the boundaries. The tribunal will make a decision on what should happen - you may have to go to a hearing.
Find out more about property disputes and boundaries from Land Registry.

Report Noise Nuisance

Click Here
Any noise, especially late at night can be very distressing. Local councils are responsible for dealing with complaints about noise. They will take action if they feel the noise is excessive and it occurs between 11pm and 7am. All councils operate an out of hours service, but many are simple answerphone systems where you will need to leave the details of your complaint. Their response to your complaints may not be immediate.

Report parking problems and abandoned vehicles

Regulation and enforcement of on-street parking restrictions, public car parks and controlled parking zone permits, the recovery of abandoned vehicles and untaxed vehicles are the responsibility of your local council.

For parking obstruction where vehicle access is inhibited, that is, the road is blocked or otherwise impassable due to the way the vehicle has been parked; or you are unable to exit your driveway on to the road, the police may be able to make efforts to contact the registered keeper and attend if necessary and consider removing the offending vehicle. However, for the police to use these powers there must be an obstruction which makes it impassable. If you are able to pass by the vehicle, even with difficulty, then the road, footpath or driveway is not actually physically blocked and the police will not attend.

Vehicles parked in a dangerous position where its position could cause injury to someone using the road (e.g. parking on a blind bend or on a humpback bridge) are matters for the police and you should call 101 or report online.

Report a Sounding Alarm

If an alarm sounds and there is evidence of criminal activity underway or you see something suspicious call 999. Don't be tempted to put yourself in danger by making checks yourself. Most domestic alarms are triggered by a fault or a pet rather than criminal activity. Unless there is a suspicious activity the police will not attend. If an alarm persistently sounds and it becomes a nuisance you should contact your local council who may send an Environmental Health Officer.

Websites of interest   

Celebrate Woking

The Lightbox - An arts gallery and museum in the centre of Woking

Woking Council

Traffic incidents and roadworks on a map

View motorway speeds, cameras, roadworks

Knaphill Residents' Association

Mayford Village Society


Click for the Privacy Policy for this website

Click if you wish to update cookies preferences for this website


The webmaster can be contacted on the following email address. Please retype it, as the electronic link has been removed to reduce spam.